ocJcfBs.png
86'
zDrv8Fw.png
I will post more soon

Edited by MarkyEvansy

VPIctxw.png

84 was much better IMO.

7IRRWBJ.png

Vice City seems to have a lot of expendable income...

Haha. One word, drugs.

• Like 9

Wow, i always wanted a topic like this. Because the main attraction of VCS was the corrected/re-newed map. Can you do it for LCS aswell?

• Like 2
pMmzP5Z.png

Wow, i always wanted a topic like this. Because the main attraction of VCS was the corrected/re-newed map. Can you do it for LCS aswell?

yeah, after i post the rest of the map (Vice Point, Mainland, Prawn Island,etc)

VPIctxw.png

For a complete comparison, you have to do the Empire Buildings aswell. Because they have changed the map between games way too much..

• Like 2
pMmzP5Z.png

For a complete comparison, you have to do the Empire Buildings aswell. Because they have changed the map between games way too much..

I was going to ignore them but I'll do it.

VPIctxw.png

Well thank you. I've asked you to do it because they are the %50 of the new material/map. And without them, the city or the gameplay actually hasn't changed that much imo.

pMmzP5Z.png

The biggest changes to me are on the mainland. The bridge connecting Little Haiti to Fort Baxter was great because in VC it always took ages to get to that place using a car or bike. Same with easy routes to the airport as they have replaced wasted space in VC to add a road leading you directly to the airport terminal by Sunshine Autos.

But overall, I definitely prefer VCS' map and general vibe. Awesome use of neon-lights and the orange sky. Great 80s feeling all around. Only thing VC has that is better is the Washington Mall and entry to some great buildings like the Malibu Club. No idea why they closed all the VC properties in VCS. Another thing I like about VCS is the closed interiors. It was annoying how cops would be crawling indoors when you tried to be safe, specially in Tommy's mansion.

The biggest changes to me are on the mainland. The bridge connecting Little Haiti to Fort Baxter was great because in VC it always took ages to get to that place using a car or bike. Same with easy routes to the airport as they have replaced wasted space in VC to add a road leading you directly to the airport terminal by Sunshine Autos.

But overall, I definitely prefer VCS' map and general vibe. Awesome use of neon-lights and the orange sky. Great 80s feeling all around. Only thing VC has that is better is the Washington Mall and entry to some great buildings like the Malibu Club. No idea why they closed all the VC properties in VCS. Another thing I like about VCS is the closed interiors. It was annoying how cops would be crawling indoors when you tried to be safe, specially in Tommy's mansion.

%100 Agreed. The bridge and the road was so helpful and quick that it made the original VC painful in free roam. Also, this shortcuts and re-newed/changed map created a lot of continuity errors between games. For example, how can you explain the road and the bridge disappearing for no reason? Why would anyone remove them while they made everything quick?

The same goes for the little haiti houses. i mean they are so perfectly aligned in the VCS with their backyard/alley and fence around them. But in 1986, they are just annoyingly misplaced and misaligned.

Umberto_Robinas_House.jpg

pMmzP5Z.png

I would say the Fort Baxter bridge can be explained by the army base becoming less "private". In VC, if you pass by without a cop outfit, they'll shoot you even if you haven't entered the base (which has no gate this time). In VCS, the base is locked and therefore separated from the road, but in VC, it's not very recommended to drive past it.

More screenshots

K.Rosie & Co. And Washington Mall

84'

PQHGH9c.png

86'

8rZOJKV.png

Some house in starfish island

84'

bkqw63A.png

86'

8pMIyl8.png

The Cherry Popper factory:
84'
pTKrmOX.png
86'
s0zTOCK.png
Screw This tool shop:
84'
8YuJY7j.png
86'
TcruUHn.png
Verdi:
84'
AyiWX9W.png
86'
ZwAKgR3.png
The interior:
84'
7VEn0R3.png
86'
nrLaxDX.png
Robina's Café:
84'
sQcJACW.png
86'
QxUUEJ4.png
Sunshine Autos
84'
tfXuPl3.png
86'
ETWp3jU.png
Marty's Trailer Park
84'
gDadi10.png
86'
ApwmIfz.png
Empire Building 1:
84'
thx3dzT.png
86'
Ax7DbpI.png
Hardcore Pawn
84'
bpJMVgR.png
86'
Z1hMsBk.png
The Rednecks Gunshop:
84'
Euvwd6x.png
86'
SObOM1H.png
Little Havana Street:
84'
qtTlv6P.png
86'
SG1GZzx.png
The laundromat
84'
wSf0twA.png
86'
sLadULH.png

VPIctxw.png

Interesting comparisons OP, good post.

I actually feel inspired to take another look for myself, I think I'll boot up the old PS2 later...

Interesting comparisons OP, good post.

I actually feel inspired to take another look for myself, I think I'll boot up the old PS2 later...

Thanks Tiger! :)

VPIctxw.png

thanks for the second part. btw, its great to see that vc mobile (ofc with new lighting system) looks better than vcs. (colors seems correct, while vcs always had that orange/yellow tint)

pMmzP5Z.png

Some differences I noticed are:

-the car show room Tommy can buy is very small in VCS,but it´s larger in VC

-trailer park from VCS is missing in VC,probably because the Trailer Park Mafia(the redneck gang that controlled it)were wiped out

-a small gun store in Little Havana seems to be closed in 1986.It makes sense since the clerk is a biker and both biker gangs in the city lost influence by 1986(Big Mitch Baker´s gang is weakened and White Stallionz are wiped out by Vic Vance in 1984)

-the Mendez mansions were abandoned after 1984 and became a hideout for Sharks gang by 1986

-the building where the last mission in VCS takes place is missing in VC,it was probably too damaged to be repaired and was demolished after the VCS storyline

Your GTA VC looks funny.

That's because I turned the trails on and I set the brightness to the max.

VPIctxw.png

this is a very good comparison, thanks

• Like 2

#KeepLeviBanned

#RestInPeaceXYN

#IchLiebeDichBitch

#FarewellUGotSmokedWeWon'tMissYou

#GoodbyeDan30CalSeeYouInHell

Funnily enough I am playing VCS for the first time (sort of) today.

The first island was even better than the first of the original VC. Vic is a great character and a very good plot. It kind of goes downhill on the second. There are just way too many business attacks and you get shot everywhere you go. No, this is not an exaggeration.

The first island was even better than the first of the original VC. Vic is a great character and a very good plot. It kind of goes downhill on the second. There are just way too many business attacks and you get shot everywhere you go. No, this is not an exaggeration.

You can avoid that by saving and reloading. They will still attack you if you pass them by but they wont attack your businesses until you attack theirs first.

Your GTA VC looks funny.

That's because I turned the trails on and I set the brightness to the max.

I do the same with III mobile too, otherwise sadly, the brightness setting is just unbearable in 2014

The reason they've done it that way was to give you something to do after the main missions. Otherwise you'd left with some side missions and that would be pretty boring.

Nice topic man. Always loved Vice City, but I am biased towards the '84 version.

I think the same, '86 version looks and feels so lifeless (talking about pc ver)

Edited by X/R//
pMmzP5Z.png

One thing that really bothered me in VCS compared to VC is that VCS`s streets were almost empty. Very little peds and the city felt kinda lifeless. While in VC there were far more peds.

But then again VCS was the glitchiest GTA game so it may be due to the glitches or some sort of bugs.

I still prefer VCS to VC but the streets really felt dead boring in VCS.

One thing that really bothered me in VCS compared to VC is that VCS`s streets were almost empty. Very little peds and the city felt kinda lifeless. While in VC there were far more peds.

But then again VCS was the glitchiest GTA game so it may be due to the glitches or some sort of bugs.

I still prefer VCS to VC but the streets really felt dead boring in VCS.

Hmmm, the streets were full in my game

Prolly due to emulator

Edited by MarkyEvansy

VPIctxw.png

thatstupidbug

I still like Vice city '86 more. while VCS is better designed sometimes, the fact that almost every landmark is shut down is a real downer. Making places such as pole position, malibu or even the police station open to the public in VC help the player to feel the city alive and real. There are actual shows (ok, vcs has phil concert...in an empty arena), there are races, there are OPEN shops (better than the closed interiors like San andrea's shops)...closing them was a mistake, and something I still don't like nowadays